Sunday, June 22, 2008

Hanes Underwear In a Resealable Bag?!? Whaaaa?

Hanes

Ok, so I needed to pick up some new undergarments. Not earth-shattering stuff, right? Well, I'm partial to Hanes boxer-briefs (now you know). Well, I didn't pay any attention in the store, but when I got them home and was breaking them open for the laundry, I noticed something odd on the packaging--"resealable bag," written right across a ziplock-type band. Resealable? For what?

I chucked the bag without much more than a chuckle, but in a very Seinfeld-esque way, this is kind of chewing at me. Why on earth would underwear come in a resealable bag for? Seriously, what in the blue hell were they thinking???

Were they hoping that I'd pack a sandwich in the bag that my underwear came in for lunch later? I mean, hey, I know the underwear were new--at least I hope they were--but I'm not ready to eat a sandwich out of the bag. Well, I guess I could put the old pair of underwear that I was replacing into the bag and seal them like a keepsake. But, they're just not that special to me. I guess I could use them to store used drink-stirrers and seal the bag (another story for another blog).

But honestly, this one has to go into the "What the hell were they thinking" file. I'm bewildered.

No comments:

Post a Comment